Sue : Hello, hope you all had a good weekend. I’m sure I said this before, but I can’t believe how quickly this past fortnight has gone.
This week it’s half term so I probably won’t get much writing time but I’m hoping to complete a few writing related tasks in addition to #1 on the list.
- Keep my daughter occupied and have some days out.
- Organise my first newsletter.
- Laminate some book marks.
- Start building new website.
- Read two of these books – rather optimistic but I’ll give it a go. Can’t quite decide which one to start with though. Any suggestions?
Laura: Like Sue, I have children at home this week, but they appear to have plans of their own, so I’m hoping to get down to some serious writing when they are occupied. I had a successful week following my week of cough and cold, so apart from one task I must complete, the way is clear for the wip.
- Create slide show for the Romaniacs on Tour at Chichester Library.
- Write like a mad woman.
Celia: After my epic fail last time, I’m now feeling a bit more positive, so this week I’m going to;
1. Begin something that popped into my head in the middle of last night – it can only be described as a slightly smutty ghost story.
2. Continue editing my WIP – have got a couple of new ideas to weave in.
Wish us luck, and the same to all of you as motivate yourselves for the week.
Happy Monday everybody! Time for some of us to share our targets for the week ahead – writing and non-writing related!
- I’m on target with my edits – I need to finish the final polishing of the wip this week ready to…
- Send the wip off to my agent!!
- Finish a short story for a mid-Feb deadline (still on the list from last time!!)
- Non-writing related: when the wip has gone off, do some very neglected housework!
What are everyone else’s plans for the week? I’ll let you know how I got on on Friday!
Well, my targets for this week are: 1) To complete and return my answers to some fab questions posed to me by a fellow writer for her blog. 2) To chase up some research enquiries for Book Two. 3) To gear myself up for my next dental appointment this coming Thursday (second half of root canal treatment, oh joy of absolute joys!).
- Write 5,000 words minimum to be on target for book deadline.
- Relocate my twins and myself to my mum’s house while my husband stays behind and we have new heating fitted in the house.
- Write another TTD list for all the things I need to do in the run up to P Day! Just over a month to go!
Monday is here upon us again, I hope you all had a good weekend and ready to tackle the week ahead.
My To Do List isn’t very big, but if, I mean when, I get it done it will be a huge relief to me. So, here it is …
- Final read through of manuscript on Kindle.
- Tweak as necessary.
- Send to editor.
Celia: This is my first time on Motivation Monday, for a very good reason – I haven’t had any writing motivation to report! The day job is syphoning off lots of energy and the writing part of it hasn’t been much fun. BUT, the new area for creating works of fiction is waiting for me upstairs in the spare room, and this week I’m aiming to use it to:
- Redraft and enter 2000 words and synopsis in the SCBWI Slushpile Challenge for the start of a YA love story.
- Write the next part of the Year Five spoof Greek myth play.
- Continue with edits of WIP, even if only a couple of chapters.
Welcome to our second Motivation Monday! This week, it’s Vanessa and Catherine sharing their ‘to do’ list for the week. We would love it if you could join in too, it doesn’t have to be anything huge, just something you want to get done that week. All you have to do is leave a comment below.
- Edit first 100 pages of the work-in-progress – I’ve just finished a fairly major re-write, so now need to embark on a major edit!
- Work out exactly how the ending of the same wip is going to be structured… because I have several characters to get to a certain point, I keep re-writing the ending over and over, changing it each time. This week will be the week I pick an ending and stick to it!!
- Find five new writing competitions to enter in January/February – I’m looking for new flash fiction competitions.
- Come up with some ideas for new flash fiction to enter in those competitions!
- Try to survive my first ever zumba class.
- Get to the half way point of Novel Two.
- Do more organising for book tour/promotional day/launch day for Waiting for You.
- Sit still for one hour and read.
- Try a new recipe.
I’ll let you know how I got on on Friday!
Hello and welcome to our new feature, Motivation Monday. We posted about our new blog line up the other day, together with news of our street team, Romaniac Sparklers. Click HERE if you missed it.
In the meantime, a few of us have already made our ‘to do’ list for the week. We would love it if you could join in too, it doesn’t have to be anything huge, just something you want to get done that week. All you have to do is leave a comment below.
- To write three chapters.
- To successfully negotiate the first week back at school by remembering all the after-school clubs that are starting back up and packing the appropriate equipment/kit for not only the right club but the right child.
- Get up extra early on Monday to wish DS a happy birthday, before we all go our separate ways for the day.
- Be at my desk ready to write from 09:00 Mon-Thurs.
- Write 5000 words by Friday evening.
- Plan talk for the Weymouth Leviathan and Maritime Festival.
- Have earlier nights to allow for reading time.
We’ll meet again on Friday to find out how we all did.
Have a great week.
HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!
We love you, you know that, right?
We’re a group of eight writers who set out to support each other in the most enthusiastic way possible. When the chips were down, we’d find a way to cheer each other on. When we triumphed, we’d applaud each other. But this feverish excitement and zest for sparkling through life has caught on, so we wanted to expand. We’ve built an extension on Romaniac HQ so it’s no longer a cosy room that’ll only fit eight of us, it’s now a virtual coffee (and cake) house where we invite you to pop by and support us and in return, we hope to support you. Please click the picture below where it should take you to our new Facebook group and we very much hope you will join us.
The plan is for this to be a ‘street team’ and we’ll encourage our Sparklers to share our news. In return we hope to provide sneak previews, supportive/writerly chat sessions and if you are really lucky, video footage that never made it to the blog!
Over 2016 you will see this is not the only change to the blog. We’re going to start a Motivational Monday post and set a few realistic goals each week. This is something we’ve been doing in the past six months and we thought it would be great to share what we’re up to publicly in the hope you will join in. A Friday Follow-Up post will also appear where we report on how we’ve got on with a round-up. The goals don’t have to be writing related, they can be anything, and we’ll be sharing the good and bad weeks to prove we’re all human. Our popular Life Cycle Of A Writer blogs will continue and there will be news in the future about it going on tour! Lots to look forward to…
Without further ado, it leaves me to wish you an AMAZINGLY SPARKLY 2016 from all of The Romaniacs!
*Finds a glass of something suitably sparkly*